Sunday, November 29, 2009

hello!!!

hello!!! this is my first blog entry!!! i'll introduce myself: I am from Las Vegas, NV. I don't currently live there right now, though. I live on an Air Force Base. no, silly, i'm not in the air force. i'm in the army. i'm currently doing my training for my job, and will be here until april-ish. The AFB is in Texas, and that's one problem with being a vegan. texas. the steak eating state of our country. but, i'll get into that later...
I have been on and off vegan for a month now, and have decided to make the complete transition yesturday. well, actually the day before, but it was late at night, so it doesn't really count. I bought Alicia Silversone's book: The Kind Diet, and read it all in like a day. It is a really good book and it really puts vegan eating into perspective. yes, i'm all for saving the animals, but i'm really into veganism for the nutrition behind it. But, it wasn't until I read that book that i was convinced that veganism is the healthiest choice for me, and it's always a bonus to save the animals (especially after spending thanksgiving on my uncle's farm, and petting cows and pigs!!)
One of the hardest things for me currently isn't finding food, i can do that... even if it means spending a little extra. but, i eat in a dining facility that is vegetarian, but not vegan, friendly. They have salads, and cooked vegetables, of course. but, going along with TKD (i'm not writting it out every single time) i want to eat whole grains, such as brown rice, 100% whole wheat bread (if a have to) and etc... they love white rice here, and potatos (which aren't the kind of carbs i need) and the pasta is filled with white, proccessed, flour. ug. so, if i ever complain, that is probably what it's going to be about.
that, and my friends. most of my friends are ok with me being vegan. then i have the friends who think that they are right no matter what, and that eating meat is how you become american. um, no. i defend myself, but they are the kind that would hold burger king up to my face and tell me it's delicious. i hate beef. it's NOT delicious.
So that's kinda it about me! i love to type, so this could be fun!!! I'll put recipies i try, whether i like them or not, and so forth and so forth...
Message/comment me please!!! i'll be any vegan/vegetarian's friend!!! (do they do that on this blog site? oh well)

No comments:

Post a Comment