Sunday, June 17, 2012

Vegan weight lifting

Tomorrow will mark the beginning of a new chapter in my life. I will start training, including running, biking, and lifting, on a completely vegan diet. I'll do my best to post what I'm eating, so that I can analyze it better, and I'll also post my workouts.

Some people (or some women) think that women can't/shouldn't lift weights. The reasons go from you'll turn into a freaky man/women monster, all the way to women just simply can't lift weights. I've heard people telling me that lifting will make me look aweful, make me weak (huh?) and that (as a vegetarian) that I couldn't do it.

Here's my opinion: As a vegetarian, I could do it, and I could do it well. I had more energy than the rest of the people, and more naturally. I got stronger, but got a lean muscle, which was what I wanted. I started to really love myself more, and apreciate the different curves, lines, and bulges of my body. I loved it.

I went on leave for about a month, and stopped lifting. Now that I have finally settled in my house, got a dog, and got back to work, I want to start going back. I have been to the gym, I just haven't been eating completely vegan. So, here we go again!

Tomorrow's plan is:
  • RUN in PT (probably about 2 miles)
  • Breakfast of oats with a banana, and a little a bit of coffee
  • Snack: 1 apple
  • LIFT: CHEST
  • Lunch: 1/2 c rice, with 1/2 c pinto beans, 1/2 bell pepper, 1 c. cabbage; scoop of Rice Protein Powder
  • Snack: 1 oz pistacios
  • Dinner: 1 c. pinto beans, 2 c. cabbage-steamed lightly, 1/2 onion cooked in broth w/ 1/2 bell pepper
  • RUN: 3 Miles
I'll update tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment