Monday, September 24, 2012

30 Day Challenge

I'm sort of sad to say that I haven't been vegan lately. But, due to a recent, very painful, time-of-the-month I am going to see if eating vegan will help the pain. This is after taking double the recommended amount of Aleve, being on the pill for almost a year (and it only helped for a couple of months) and finally trying to dispose of it all together. Nothing worked. So, I'm going back to my roots, and I'm going to eat as macrobiotic-vegan-whole-food loving as possible.

Today:

  • Some coffee with coconut creamer
  • Fried noodles with some sauce, tofu, broccoli, mushrooms and carrots
  • Side salad with a sesame vinegar dressing. 
My Goals for Week1:
  1. Completely vegan the whole week
  2. Cut down to only 2 cups of coffee a day, not the usual 3.
  3. Record and take pictures of all of my food, so I can see what I'm eating in a more retrospect kind of way. 
On a side note, I'm also working on getting into better shape. This is a constant goal, but I'm starting to get more serious. Here's my goals and plans for the rest of September, through October: 

Cardio-Running:
  • Run at least 6 days a week. Monday through Saturday; Sundays off. Whether it's in the morning, at night, during lunch; whenever. 
  • Work on getting my mileage up. 
  • Week 1: At least 2 miles a day; See where current mileage is.
Cardio-Bike:
  • Bike at least days a week for September. 
  • Work on biking more frequently, not just more miles for the first week
  • Mileage goal for Week 1: 15 miles 
Weights:
  • Go the the gym at least 5 days a week; this give me room to make up for missed days in the mornings and the weekends.
  • Bench at least 115 once. 
  • Front squat 125.
  • Get others to go to the gym with me

I'll keep this updated! 
Peace out, 
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment