Wednesday, January 20, 2010

20

that's the number of days i've been vegan for. well, that's not entirely truthful. My main thing, no matter what, is no meat. but, if the only options at the dfac have a little butter in them, or my boyfriend buys me a drink with a little milk in it, i'm stuck. i'm getting better though! today, i bought a frozen yogurt thingy, and then i decided not to eat it, so i gave it to my neighboor (she was with me) and her roommate. ya, i still bought it, but it's a start!

but, 20 is my number! my new years resolution is 6 months. that way, i will have completely get it into my system, and when the six months are up, i can decide if i want to go back to eating meat or not. now, i am just working on making it the rest of the month without eating dairy or eggs... eggs really aren't the problem. it's the dairy. which frustrates me because i'm allergic to it, and it's till everywhere. at lunch, i get to eat a salad, rice (and not even a good rice, it's not sticky at all) and whatever cooked veggie doesn't have butter in it. i can't even have mashed potatoes or the baked potato because they put butter on both. ug.

i do really good all day, until about 5, when i go to eat dinner. because i have SO many options. and i got my dorm-room cookbook back from home (i left it there over break... whoops) so, i made something i've been wanting to make forever... vegan mac and cheese. except i didn't use macaroni, i used a package of roman noodles. yum! oh, there's no vegan margarine here, so i used a splash (about a T) of olive oil... (the recipe calls for (with 1 package of roman noodles) a splash (about a tablespoon) of soy milk, the same of olive oil, or vegan margarine, and about 1.5 Tablespoons of yeast. and garlic powder and salt (and pepper, but i dont like pepper) to your taste! simple, yummy, and well, pretty darn filling. i was absolutely starving when i got home, i ate about 2/3 of the package, plus a couple water crackers with hummus, and i was not hungry for a couple hours! perfect!

well, wish me luck at being a complete vegan for the rest of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment