Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hello Goodbye!




As my days in Germany draw close to an end, I must start saying Goodbye to lots of things; my friends, my living space for the last 2 years, all my stuff (that's on a boat now) and my car. Today was my car. I must greet this ending with as much confidence as I lacked when I got here. I will end this chapter of my book on a happy note, I hope, and start the next on at a totally different setting, with different characters and possibly different roles.

My car is officially off of my name today. I didn't really like the car, but it did its job. It never officially died on me, never blew a gasket, or even kill a battery. I sold it for dirt cheap, because nobody in their right mind would have paid more. I tried to fix it, but, to my dismay, all I did was reaffirm my dislike for cars. They're nice to have once and a while, but the upkeep is too much, gas is aweful for me, the environment, and my walet, and they're just money pits that never pay themselves off. Here is a (crappy) picuter of my car when I first got it.

Stupid car that wasn't worth what I paid for it.
Another part of ending the Germany chapter means no more trips to places older than my country. It's sort of depressing, but I'm glad I got to see some of Germany. I never seemed to have made it North, and now I can't think of why I didn't. ...Pictures from trips in the past...
Me, probably a month or two ago.
Me, just hanging out in the new barracks room... my hair was so long!!!




Kenny is driving to Bavaria

A cow in Austria
I'm getting all reminiscent and I'm not even touching on the Vegan thing.... here's today's quick topic: How OCD are you when you go shopping? I've heard people telling me not to buy produce from the grocery store beause it's covered in wax (from bees, duh!) and then I have those that just don't eat meat, egg, or dairy (no, I don't search the entire ingrediant list for that one thing telling me not to eat this.) I'm somewhere in the middle, which is probably good. The lactose intollerant thing makes it important to ensure that dairy isn't lurking without me knowing. But, I have never even heard of some of the lists that people come up with, naming chemicals out of the yin-yang that are from animals one way or another. I feel like I'm stuck eating the grass outside some days.

Anybody else feel like this? (I bet the cow does!!! Look at that gorgeous cow, eating the grass!)

Well, peace out veg-heads, there's more goodbyes to embrace tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment