Saturday, March 31, 2012

German's anti-vegan lifstyle

Last night, Kenny and I went out to dinner at a place in Leimen. I ordered my food, and forgot the German rule of thumb for salad dressing: We'll cover a perfectly good salad with 3 X's more dressing than needed, oh, and it's a yogurt based dressing. So, I wasn't able to eat the salad. I got a spinach pasta. Unfortunatly, I thought they'd toss them in olive oil, like I'm used to. And from the looks of it, they did. But there was cream sauce on the bottom, and I had some of it. I'm lactose-intollerant, so when ever the time calls for dairy, I have lactaid that I usually take. Since I've been like super-vegan for these last two weeks or so, I don't carry it around with me. So, I was punished with an extremely bloated belly, making it uncofortable to sleep last night.

I love Germany, don't get me wrong. But, one thing I am getting tired of is going to a german resturaunt and not having any food choices at all. Or, I can eat a plain salad, with some oil and vinegar. That's part of the reason I 1) try to cook as much as possible 2)eat sushi and thai so much. 3)am partially ready to go back to the states. In the states, the service is usually already crap, so I don't mind asking for no cheese, or no cream sauce, or a vinigerette. In Germany, I don't speak the language very well, and everytime I ask, they look at me like I just asked them to sacrifice their baby. So, it's a little hard.

In lieu of being excited for the food in the DC/Baltimore area, I need to make a list of place to eat at while I'm there. Anybody have suggestions? In the DC area alone, there's dozens of places to try! I'm super excited!!! I've been dying to try Loving Hut, and I want to try vegan bakeries!

On a semi-side note. Kenny said that he'll probably go vegetarian in the states because "the animals there are so stressed in the factories, the meat probably tastes aweful." Those are his words, but whatever gets him going, right?

I'll probably take pictures of my food today, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment