Sunday, March 18, 2012

This Week in reviews: Graduation, sushi, and farmer's markets

I haven't posted since thursday (was it thursday?) and so I thought I'd give the world my update for this fabulous weekend. I came back on Friday after the graduation. It was a lot of standing, but I got to shake a lot of hands, so that's good! We got some food before we left, I had a nutrition bar so I didn't get anything else. But that didn't matter because I slept in the car the whole way back.

For dinner on Friday I went out with my guy for some sushi. I had a fabulous vegan meal with miso soup (no tuna in it, this place is super vegetarian friendly.) some seaweed salad, some edemame, and then cucumber rolls, pumpkin rolls, and then a tofu, carrot, avocado, and green bean sashimi rolls (I hope that's the right one.) They have me an egg one, but Kenny ate that one for me. We got some gelatto for dessert; there's this little italian place that has strawberry gelato (without milk) so i always get that!!!

Sunday was super exciting. We went and got brunch, were I had the most amazing cup of coffee and a fruit cup. (Heidelberg isn't the most Vegan friendly city.) Then we drove to the Farmer's Market in Mannheim. Unfortunately, we spent at least 30 minutes trying to find a parkings spot. Next week, we're taking the train and our bikes. Much more time and fuel efficient. I got some white radishes or carrots, some huge radishes, amazing tomatoes, some not-so-great plums (too early maybe) and an amazing leek. There was a lot of produce, but I'd need some stuff that could make it while I shopped... so no fresh lettuce or anything. Then, I had MORE veggie sushi for lunch. For dinner, I had some fries, and went to bed early.

Today, I had some cereal with almond breeze faux milk, my favorite for cereal, with some strawberries in it. Then, I did some laundry and had a veggie wrap from the commissary. For dinner, I had some vegan mac and cheese and some beens and greens. Tomorrow's CQ, so I'll take pictures of my food.

Peace out veg-heads

No comments:

Post a Comment