Thursday, March 15, 2012

WLC Graduation!!

So, for my Thursday-Random-Post, I'll be talking about how excited I am for tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the day. The day I stand on stage for an hour to get recognized for the last 17 days. I even get to stand in the "awardees" formation, because I won the Iron Warrior Challenge for my company (female title, obviously.) Unfortunately, my guy won't be able to make it, which I'm kind of bummed about. But, he's missing out on an exciting graduation AND his own reserved seat. Oh well, he has to work.

I also wanted to post an update on the meals here. First of all, I've finally learned how to judge whether or not to stand in line for food. If the food looks good, it's probably garbage lacking in both nutrients and flavor. If it looks weird, bland, or just plain odd, it probably tastes amazing, and it's got an even higher chance of being vegan. Who would have thought?

Last night's dinner was a satisfying "Pasta Primavera." I've also learned that the naming convention is pretty much wrong. It wasn't a pasta primavera that i've ever had, but it still tasted really good. (And it looked like somebody puked up pasta with tomato sauce. Gross.) It was loaded with vegetables, and the sauce actually had some spices in there! I was so happy, I almost got seconds. (They ran out, aparantly it's catching on to eat vegetarian... or that was all that was left.)

Back to graduation, I'm expecting it to be long, boring, and a lot of standing, but I'm still excited about it because
1)I can go home!!! A hot 1000000000 minute shower, my bed, my food, my computer.... the little things in life that make everything more enjoyable.
2) I'm going to have a fancy dinner Friday night with my guy. The place that we're going to goes for about 100 Euro a person. That's about $130 a person. Wow. But, I've been here for an entire pay period, so my bank account is saying: GO FOR THE REALLY NICE EXPENSIVE RESTURAUNT THAT SOUNDS LIKE IT WILL HAVE A VEGAN OPTION!!! So, I'm complying.
3) Some of these people are starting to get on my nerves. However, because of past experiences, I'm trying to keep my cool as long as possible, so if I ever meet up with these guys again, it'll be all "Oh i haven't seen you since ____" "I missed you!" And the best one "Hey, can you do me a favor?" So, once again, keep my cool.
4) I want to eat something other than overcooked pasta for dinner every night. Selfish? No. Neccessary? Still no. Something I'm looking forward to (like eating fresh fruits and vegetables...) YES!

Well, that's it for Thursday.
Peace out-Veg Heads!

No comments:

Post a Comment