Saturday, March 24, 2012

Let there be BBQs

Before I post the rest of this blog entry, I just want to say I am the worst person at remembering my camera. Two saturdays in a row, I've gone to farmer markets and forgotten it. Two Saturdays in a row, I've had fabulous breakfasts, and forgotten my camera. Whatever.

This weekend, the weather is absolutely amazing. I am the happiest person on the planet right now. I got to go to the Farmer's Market in Rohrbach (it's like a subdivision of Heidelberg.) I'd love to remain reliant on this farmer's market, but I can't. She didn't even have enough vegetables to last me a week. But, I still support her by buying vegetables and fruits when I make it to her. There's also one cheese person, and one meat person. That's it. 3 people make up this town's farmer's market. I love it. You really get to know a lot about your vegetables and fruits. Everything she sells are organic, and she tries to pick everything the day before (the market sets up at 6 in the morning here.)

After the Farmer's Market (where I got two beautiful red bell peppers, and an eggplant for a BBQ tomorrow) Kenny and I went to breakfast. I got a coffee, half a grapefruit and a roll with margarine. I'm not usually a margarine person, but it was nice. Kenny got a big platter of food, but they forgot his eggs. Oh well.

After breakfast, we walked all over Rohrbach, up and down the hills, just enjoying the sun, the flowers, and the post-brunch workout. We also found an antique store with some really amazing things. I found tea cups from 1914. Wow. I wanted to get them, but they were more than I had on me, so maybe next time.

We decided to go to the Commissary next, on our bikes. My car's been acting up, and we both have bikes. Plus, the commissary is only 3 miles away. So, we rode our bikes over there, got some green onion, cherry tomatoes, skewers, and zucchinni for the bbq tomorrow. Then, we rode over to the Reuse center. (It's a place to give your old things, or anything you want to get rid of, and others can have it for free. It's where I got my couch in the barracks, and one of my purses.) We found a book set on World Literature. The entire set. Almost brand new. Yes, please!

So, Tomorrow is a BBQ. I don't really like BBQs that much, but I'm willing to stand in the sun all day, so I guess that's one way to do it. I'm about as pale as a ghost, and it's finally sunny. So, we got a bunch of vegetables, and I bought a classic American BBQ item: Chips and Salsa. I'm excited. AND my unit is having a BBQ tomorrow as well. I won't be able to make it to both, but that's okay, i'll have fun anyways. I'll take lots of pictures!

So, overall, no long philisophical entry, or questions for the world. I just want to say, I hope that everybody reading this has a bike, and uses it as often as possible! It can make your whole day absolutly exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment